The Chaos Beasts are a group of monsters in AdventureQuest Worlds.
There are a total of 13 Chaos Beasts. Each beast is summoned by one of the 13 Lords of Chaos.
The Span saga revealed that there is another type of Chaos Beast called Proto-Chaos Beast which are used as resources to create a Chaos Beast.
- The Lake Hydra is the first Chaos Beast, freed by Escherion using the Runix Cube.
- the Chaos Harpy is the second chaos beast, it was unleashed when evil Xing and good Xang merged to become Xiang.
- The Rock Roc is the third Chaos Beast, hatched by Vath using the Chaos Gemeralds.
- The O-Dokuro is the fourth Chaos Beast, freed by Kitsune using the Hanzamune Dragonkoi Blade.
- The Dracowerepyre is the fifth Chaos Beast, created by Wolfwing by biting a giant Red Dragon.
- Pony Gary Yellow is the sixth Chaos Beast, used by Kimberly Freeman when she sent the hero into the past.
- The Mana Golem is the seventh Chaos Beast, freed by Ledgermayne using a mass of mana.
- The Chaos Sphinx is the eighth Chaos Beast, activated by Tibicenas and Zahart using the Heart of the Sphinx diamond placed in it's statue-like form.
- The Naga Baas (formerly the Gruaige Baas) is the ninth Chaos Beast, created by Krellenos who used an un-Chaorrupted Arashtite ore to turn a Serpentress into it.
- Kathool Atchoo is the tenth Chaos Beast, awakened by Iadoa through the defeat of the three Proto-Chaos Beasts created by Iadoa himself, namely Carnax, Fluffy the Dracolich and the Dragonoid.
- The Chaos Manticore is the elventh Chaos Beast, chaorrupted by Maximillian Lionfang.
- The Chaos Dragon is the twelfth Chaos Beast, awakened by King Alteon from the dragon statue following Princess Brittany's death.
- The Eternal Dragon of Time Reborn/The Hero is the thirteenth Chaos Beast, awakened by The Hero, who hatched it from its egg its later revealed that The Hero is also The Eternal Dragon of Time.
- Carnax is the first of three Proto-Chaos Beasts, who serves as the final opponent for the players' AQ Lesson. He first appeared in the original AdventureQuest.
- Fluffy the Dracolich is the second of the three Proto-Chaos Beasts, who serves as the final opponent for the players' DF Lesson. He first appeared in DragonFable.
- The Crystal Dragonoid is the third and last of the three Proto-Chaos Beasts, who serves as the final opponent for the players' MQ Lesson. It first appeared in MechQuest.
- Lake Hydra - Hydra Lake
- Rock Roc - Roc (Area)
- O-Dokuro - O-Dokuro (Area)
- Dracowerepyre - Chaos Cave
- Pony Gary Yellow - Lorestockapalooza
- Mana Golem - Para-Elemental Plane of Magic
- Chaos Sphinx - Sand Castle
- Naga Baas - Ore Cavern
- Kathool - Deep Chaos
- Chaos Manticore - Venom Vaults
- Chaos Dragon - Castle Roof
- They are needed to activate an archway.
- So far Kathool Atchoo is the only living Chaos Beast.
- A symbol is highlighted on the archway every-time a Chaos Beast has been summoned.
- Most Chaos Beasts resemble a creature from mythology except for the Dracowerepyre and Pony Gary Yellow
- The Hydra Head's official name is Lake Hydra.
- The Second Chaos Beast was summoned by the Third Lord Of Chaos and etc.
- According to the design notes, there was a part in the Book of Lore that talked about how the Mother of All Monsters was sealed away by dragons. The activation of all 13 archways via the 13 Lords of Chaos' summonings of all 13 Chaos Beasts may result in the resurrection of the mother of all Monsters.
- An attempt at raising a Chaos Beast was done once by Exos, who wanted to become a Chaos Lord.
- The Museum has quests given by Valencia that let you unlock statues of the different Chaos Beasts when you complete them by earning their Chaos Beast trophies upon defeating each of them. After the trophies are collected, the players can click on the fight them again to warp to where they are.
- Almost all Chaos Beasts show signs of chaorruption, the only exceptions are Dracowerepyre and Mana Golem.
- Both Dracowerepyre and Pony Gary Yellow are the only Chaos Beast with the same color as the Red Dragon.